Blue Planet high performance paddle edge protection film.
Provides protection for anyone that wants a higher performance option with less drag than the thick plastic edge guard for paddles.
Goes on clear and is only visible on close inspection, this high performance tape provides much more durable protection than electric tape commonly used.
Package contains: Strip of transparent high performance urethane film: .4” x 4 feet rubbing alcohol swab.
Watch the video below for application instructions.
1) Clean the paddle edge thoroughly. If paddle has wax, adhesive, or tar residue, first clean off all residue with wax remover or adhesive cleaner, then clean with rubbing alcohol swab. Make sure hands are completely clean to avoid leaving fingerprints on film.
2) Fingers can be wetted to keep them from sticking. It is not necessary to wet the film or paddle due to the narrow width of the film.
3) Remove an inch or so of liner, being careful not to contaminate the adhesive.
4) Start applying it at the top of the blade, press the film onto one side of the paddle with about half of the tape extending over the edge, continue this process down the edge of the paddle and carefully fold the film over the paddle edge, avoid trapping air to prevent bubbles, ensure that all surfaces are well secured with finger pressure.
5) Work your way all the way around the paddle, then cut off excess film.
6) Now go paddle! Check the edge of the paddle occasionally to make sure it is not worn through. Works best if Blue Planet clear rail tape is applied to rails of board. Excess film can be used on nose and tail of board for extra protection.