Welcome to Blue Planet Surf.
As stand up paddle boarders and surfers, the ocean is our playground and we need to act as its shepherds. We do our best to use environmentally responsible materials, conserve energy, recycle and try to minimize our impact on the environment and the oceans. We encourage our customers to do the same.
We pride ourselves on offering the best SUP boards and accessories for sale and offer great value and expert advice. We want to help you have more fun on the water! Our current product line offers the best Stand Up Paddleboards from beginner all the way to expert level. The best SUP surfboards, the fastest SUP race boards, and the easiest to use All round entry level SUP's. We make it easy for you to find the right board for you, whether stable, fast, inexpensive (but not cheap), or high performance, we can help and you can try before you buy at our shop! Enjoy browsing and shopping on our website, and let us know if there's any way we can help you find the perfect SUP gear for you. To see web customer reviews for our products, please click on the blue review tab on the left. Mahalo to our customers for voting Blue Planet as Hawaii's Best Stand Up Paddle Shop. Aloha!
Blue Planet high performance paddle edge protection film.
Provides protection for anyone that wants a higher performance option with less drag than the thick plastic edge guard for paddles.
Goes on clear and is only visible on close inspection, this high performance tape provides much more durable protection than electric tape commonly used.
Package contains: Strip of transparent high performance urethane film: .4” x 4 feet rubbing alcohol swab.
Watch the video below for application instructions.
1) Clean the paddle edge thoroughly. If paddle has wax, adhesive, or tar residue, first clean off all residue with wax remover or adhesive cleaner, then clean with rubbing alcohol swab. Make sure hands are completely clean to avoid leaving fingerprints on film.
2) Fingers can be wetted to keep them from sticking. It is not necessary to wet the film or paddle due to the narrow width of the film.
3) Remove an inch or so of liner, being careful not to contaminate the adhesive.
4) Start applying it at the top of the blade, press the film onto one side of the paddle with about half of the tape extending over the edge, continue this process down the edge of the paddle and carefully fold the film over the paddle edge, avoid trapping air to prevent bubbles, ensure that all surfaces are well secured with finger pressure.
5) Work your way all the way around the paddle, then cut off excess film.
6) Now go paddle! Check the edge of the paddle occasionally to make sure it is not worn through. Works best if Blue Planet clear rail tape is applied to rails of board. Excess film can be used on nose and tail of board for extra protection.