About our Boards:
The lineup of Blue Planet SUP board shapes was designed to offer great performance while being affordable, user friendly and easy to use for paddlers from beginner to expert level.
All shapes were designed using computer aided design by Robert Stehlik. Quality construction features precision computer shaped blanks, vacuum bagged bamboo veneer epoxy construction, and chip resistant paint with a glossy finish.
Prices include deck pad, all fins, and a padded board bag, as well as free air cargo shipping to the US mainland, making for an excellent value.
Standard features include the patent pending SUPGrip handles that make carrying and loading the boards easy, two way self venting plugs, as well as a fcs plug on the nose for mounting gopro cameras and other accessories.
Check out the video below for a more detailed tour of the factory.
Blue Planet veneer vacuum construction process:
1. Shaping: lightweight EPS foam blank with hardwood center stringer is computer shaped exactly to Blue Planet design specifications, then finished/ shaped by hand.
2. Glassing: UV stable, clear Epoxy veneer sandwich construction: Fin box area is reinforced with high density PU foam. A layer of 4 oz fiberglass on top & bottom is wrapped over the rails from bottom and top then covered with a layer of 0.6 mm bamboo veneer, vacuum bagged and cured, then covered by another layer of 4 oz fiberglass on the bottom, two more layers on the deck, plus a carbon deck patch under the standing area, resulting in a strong and lightweight composite laminate.
3. Board is reinforced with extra layers of 4 oz fiberglass in the high impact areas on the nose and tail, and on the rails to add strength in those areas.
4. Inserts installed: 10 inch center fin box, futures side fin boxes (for 2 or 4 side fins, depending on design), two leash plugs installed on tail, SUPGrip carry handle insert, gopro fcs mount on nose of board, and gore vent (self venting insert to protect board from heat damage).
5. Finishing: Sanding, taping off ,designing, spray paint, logos, pin lines, chip resistant and UV protecting finish clear coat, gloss polish, deck pad w. tail kick is applied, and packaging.
Result: A beautiful board that is light, strong, and made to perform well for many years. Please watch our factory tour video to see how a Blue Planet board is made.
Blue Planet Surf Board & Paddle warranty policy:
Blue Planet Paddles, Surf, and SUP boards are covered under a limited one year warranty.
Warranty covers manufacturing defects only, not damage caused by regular wear and tear.
Warranty policies apply to the original purchaser with a valid proof of purchase.
A board that has been previously repaired will generally not be covered under warranty.
Boards or Paddles that have suffered damage due to exposure to an overly hot environment, for example being left in a hot car or in a board bag in direct sunlight or in a very hot environment, will not be covered under warranty.
Warranty coverage does not apply to boards that show signs of impact or abuse.
Broken or buckled boards are not covered under warranty unless it is clearly due to a manufacturing defect.
Whether or not a board will be covered under warranty can only be determined upon evaluation by Blue Planet Warranty Department.
If defect is covered as a manufacturing defect, Blue Planet will replace or repair the item at our discretion. Dings, chips, scratches, cracks, punctures, broken fin boxes and the like are considered regular wear and tear and are generally not covered by our warranty. If you are not sure if the damage is the result of a manufacturing defect or regular damage, please bring your board to our shop so we can determine if the issue is the result of a manufacturing defect.
To make a warranty claim, please come to our shop with the board or call Blue Planet Surf Shop at: 808 596 7755 or online: Contact Us. You must have a valid proof of purchase from the shop where you purchased the board in order to do so. Shipping costs are generally not covered under the warranty.