Blue Planet Surf Board & Paddle warranty policy
- Blue Planet Surf paddles, surf/SUP boards are covered under a limited one-year warranty.
- Warranty covers manufacturing defects only, not damage caused by regular wear and tear.
- Warrantys apply to the original purchaser with a valid proof of purchase.
- Warranty covers boards used for personal, non-commercial use only.
- A board that has been previously repaired will generally not be covered under warranty.
- Boards or paddles that have suffered damage due to exposure to an overly hot environment, for example being left in a hot car or in a board bag in direct sunlight, will not be covered under warranty.
- Warranty coverage does not apply to boards that show signs of impact or abuse.
- Broken or buckled boards are not covered under warranty unless it is clearly due to a manufacturing defect.
- Whether or not a board will be covered under warranty can only be determined upon evaluation by the Blue Planet Warranty Department.
- If a problem is deemed a manufacturing defect, Blue Planet will replace or repair the item at our discretion. Dings, chips, scratches, cracks, punctures, broken fin boxes and the like are considered regular wear and tear and are generally not covered by our warranty. If you are not sure if the damage is the result of a manufacturing defect or regular damage, please bring your board to our shop so we can determine if the issue is the result of a manufacturing defect.
- To make a warranty claim, please come to our shop with the board or call Blue Planet Surf Shop at: 808 596 7755 or online: Contact Us. You must have a valid proof of purchase from the shop where you purchased the board in order to do so. The warranty covers the cost of the actual repair only, or replacement value if the manufacturing defect is not repairable.
- Shipping costs and other expenses are generally not covered under the warranty.
The Blue Planet team at the 2015 Molokai to Oahu race